Join Us: Head of Client Services
About the role
As Head of Client Services, you will be accountable for business development activities to expand our client portfolio. You will focus on the performance and growth of the business and contribute to the overall profitability and long-term success of the company. You will devise and implement commercial, marketing and sales strategies across the business and be a key contributor to the commercial team, leading on client relationship management and market analysis. Although this is not an overtly ‘sales’ orientated role it is very much about building and growing long term trusted relationships with new and existing client partners rather than short term transactions and the success of this role will be measured on that basis. You will also explore new business opportunities in new geographies and collaborate with the Stagestruck head of region to develop new client partnerships.
Your duties will include:
- Client relationship management - management of all new client opportunities, being a liaison in the first instance and managing the transition to a Group Account Director (GAD) while offering ongoing support.
- Keeping abreast of client strategies and priorities to inform the GADs and Account Managers.
- Market research including analysis of current trends amongst existing and potential new clients.
- Management of the pipeline, developing a 2 to 3 year plan, and helping to inform company strategy.
- Implementing regular SWOT reviews across the current client portfolio and recommending strategies to mitigate risk and pursue further opportunities with existing clients.
- Identifying opportunities with potential new clients and put forward proposals for acquiring and onboarding.
- Working closely with the Production Director, GADs, Creative Director and the Technical Project Manager on the delivery of pitch documents and responses to RFP’s (request for proposal).
- Supporting the GADs in all elements of client relationship management including client specific development plans and account management tools.
- Leading commercial team meetings, facilitating agendas and reporting for these meetings.
- Working closely with the ELT, Commercial team, and Creative Director to ensure that our brand proposition is represented correctly and is aligned with our values and behaviours.
- Identify opportunities to upsell or cross-sell services to existing clients.
- In collaboration with the Commercial, Finance and Legal teams have an in depth understanding of client contracts, service agreements and pricing mechanisms.
- Attend pitch presentations to deliver a compelling narrative as to why clients should engage Stagestruck's services.
- Working across all departments in the company to ensure that the business has the appropriate service offerings, products, and collateral to take to market.
- Helping to implement and maintain a new CRM system.
- As an active member of the SLT - regularly report updates to the rest of the senior leadership team.
The person in this role will:
- Be an excellent communicator.
- Work across multiple teams to ensure an aligned and genuinely integrated service offering.
- Quickly develop a good understanding of our existing clients, the Stagestruck business and how it operates.
- Have excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Have an excellent understanding of business and demonstrate an understanding of commercial imperatives.
- Be an experienced networker and relationship builder.
- Be able to listen to, discuss and understand clients business communications requirements and challenges at a high level.
- Have experience of working with C-Suite clients.
- Demonstrate thorough research skills.
- Be able to both lead and work as part of a team.
- Be flexible, agile and able to respond to clients’ needs in a timely and knowledgeable fashion.
- Be a strategic thinker with a long-term focus.
- Be a creative thinker, helping to develop new ways of appealing to existing and new clients.
- Lead by example and consistently demonstrate the Stagestruck values and behaviours.
Experience & Qualifications:
- High level of experience in both event and content production delivery.
- Proven experience in client services and business development within the UK communications and events market.
- Experience of working with clients’ Comms, Marketing or Procurement teams.
- Have experience of managing budgets with a strong focus on client ROI.
- Proficiency in relevant software tools for client relationship management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365.
- Full UK driving licence, own transport and current passport are required due to the nature of our business.
How we will support you
At Stagestruck, our family is only ever as good as the talented people that choose to call it ‘home’. We are committed to providing the support needed for people to do their best work and have fun doing it.
These are some of the things Stagestruck have in place for our employees:
- 22 days paid holiday plus we operate a day for a day lieu or paid system should you be asked to work weekends and/or bank holidays.
- Don’t work on your birthday! You will receive an extra day’s leave on your birthday. We will also contribute toward a birthday meal up to £75.
- Lunch is provided at the head office, we have a fully stocked canteen.
- Christmas shut down, we operate a company shut down between Christmas and New Year.
- Holiday Flex this allows you to buy extra annual leave.
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Regular team and agency socials, and legendary annual summer and Christmas parties.
Plus many more.
We actively encourage ongoing skills development and will support with both on and offsite training courses and qualifications. The person in this role will be required to complete and pass all training modules and courses assigned by their manager, the H.R (Human Resources) department or the Health and Safety officer alongside normal day to day tasks. Funding and time will be made available appropriately.
Our behaviours define us. They are not optional or aspirational, they are expected and underpin everything we do.
- Excellence... in everything we do.
- Creativity... from everybody in the company.
- Safety... comes first, for our team, our clients, our audiences and the public.
- Agility... in the way we work and react.
- Sustainability... in every way possible.
- Respect... For our colleagues, our clients and for people from all walks of life.